Filter socks on sump with Sps

100 micron soc on the outlet of my skimmer, changed every couple of days.

Why? Because micro bubble are the devil :mad2:

I have seen no adverse affects as long as you keep it clean.

-John-

I switch one out every day. Lots of stuff is caught in them and is probably too large for the skimmer.

Fonda,
Can't go wrong with those socks !
Also can save a pump in the long run.I've burned a pump out due to a unwanted snail that got down in the sump.A good investment .But you need extra's to change out.

Change our every 3d day or so. Picks up the lg particles that use to recycle through the tank and floated around. Clearer water also keep a few extra on hand when changing out.

Yeah I use them. Mainly for micro bubble control. I've to my drain into it and the outlet of my ER skimmer is dumping into it as well.

I change it every 3 or 4 days.

I swap out a sock every 2-3 days. I have it hooked up to the overflow and my Deltec skimmer output. It helps with sound, micro bubbles, and particulate the skimmer isn't getting.

I use 'em 4 at a time now! To both collect gross particulate matter and to reduce the amount of microbubbles made by some 10K gallons an hour pouring through a 150g sump. They are changed out and washed every 2 days. Thanks to a small dedicated washing machine, it's not nearly as big of a hassle as it used to be.

I Use No Detergent That is A Risk Of Not All Washing Out And getting In Your Tank I Use A Little Bleach With Mine

I do a small load (about 5-8 bags) at a time with bleach, then I leave them in and run another small load with plain water (no bleach, no nothing). When I pull them out after this, I put them right into service with no issues.

so it sounds like every ones using them for the same reason, extra filtration but mainly micro bubble control

... the same reason i have for using them

I dont blach mine (bleach only "paints" dirt over)..I just let mine run on the washing machine with hot water, they come out very clean..change them every week.

i will never use a sump again without them. cannot see reason why. keeps sump, tank and pumps clean. i use a 50micron, change every 5 days or so. want to start every other day. what micron u guys use???

Back