filtering for 40 gallon

I bet you could build one for what it would cost to buy a HOB. find a used 20-30 gal tank on graigslist on something.

Do you have a reefclug in your area? I bet some guys in your area have one laying around.

Petco sometimes has a dollar a gallon sale and you can pich them up cheap, and sure you can find a used pump for cheap.

you dont need to spend a lot just try to find used before you buy a HOB now then a sump later

craigslist has tons of gear for real cheap. People sell everything on there, and buy it too. 2 weeks ago I sold 20 cuttings from my tank of Xenia for 10.00 a head. give it a looksie

I've had a 10 gallon with an Aquaclear 50 and a Koralia 1 up for a year or so. I put LR rubble and then a bag of carbon in the Aquaclear. Tank supports a smallish pair of Ocellaris and some softies, frogspawn and fungia. 25% weekly water change. Tank is very stable. Obviously, a sump is the way to go, but it's not always an option and it's not the only way you can have a fun and successful little tank. Good luck.

P.S. I know nothing about the Biowheel.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15440146#post15440146 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by small alien
I Obviously, a sump is the way to go, but it's not always an option and it's not the only way you can have a fun and successful little tank. Good luck.

P.S. I know nothing about the Biowheel.

there's is always an option i have see sumps the are bigger than the DT.

but you are right its not necessary :rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15440371#post15440371 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JStraz4991
so you think the aquaclear 70 is the way to go

if you are that stuck on a powerfilter get the Emperor 280 I have used those for fresh water back in the day its a good powerfilter

Back