Finally Time to fill up/Questions

tiller25

It is finally time to fill up my 120g system! I have a couple questions about the RO/DI water though. The water coming into the system is about 130 tds and the water out is hovering about 6-8 tds. I am using city water through the unit. Are these numbers ok, and do i still have to worry about chlorine? What are the needed treatments for the new water? My set-up is going to a fish only system with maybe a few soft corals/polyps. thanks.

Ideal is 0 TDS but 6-8 is a lot better than the 130 TDS you have coming in. You should be fine.

Are you using DI? If not that will take you to 0 TDS in my experience.

i am using DI, it seems when i start the filter it is 6-8 and then in a few minutes it goes back down to 2-3.

Hmm...ya the filters will flush for a minute. And this might seem like a no brainer but you have both a waste line and an pure line right? The pure line water shouldn't come out to quick, more like drip drip drip whereas the waste line will come out in a steady flow. I'm with ceverly though, 6 - 8 is a lot better than 130. I wouldn't worry to much about it. And no you don't have to worry about chlorine, the RODI takes care of all that.

Re: Finally Time to fill up/Questions

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15489999#post15489999 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tiller25
What are the needed treatments for the new water?

Salt. No reason to add any thing else unless you are low in alkalinity or calcium. With a fish only I would not be concerned about that.

thank you all for the responses. The unit does have a waste line. I noticed after about roughly a gallon or so went through the out line, it was reading about 2-3. which is better. thanks again.

Back