FINNEX 22G GLASS M-TANK w/ 150watt HQI + 36W PC + LED UPGRADE JOURNAL (pics a must!)

MOVE THEN UPGRADE!

MOVE THEN UPGRADE!

I graduated college and moved my tank 3 hours to my new apartment and boy was it easy... a few buckets and bam tank was in my new living room with no casualties! Now that I am in my own place I've decided to upgrade (naturally). I have chosen the Oceanic 46 gallon stainless steel bowfront, it is an awesome tank and I only paid $250 for the tank and stainless steel stand and cap. I am in the process of ordering a stainless steel matching canopy. I also ordered a 192w + 6 moonlight 50/50 flip up fixture with 3 seperate plugs, and a Red Sea Prizm Pro Deluxe skimmer. I have filled the tank with sand (20lbs super premium live sand and 15lbs base sand) and will be transferring all my old sand to the new tank after a gentle washing. I also filled the tank with 30+ gallons of saltwater as I will be adding the water from my previous tank as well followed by all the live rock and livestock. More pics to come as the upgrade proceeds!

010104010410010307200706098338c9225187bae05800485e.jpg

I AM THE MASTER OF REEF TANKS. I made the transition from small tank to way bigger tank in less than 3 days! Thank you bio-spira and carib-sea live sand! Everything looks perfect... pictures to follow when the dust settles.
In 3 days I get my Red Sea Prizm Pro Deluxe Skimmer, and on monday I will recieve the 36" 192W 50/50 PC FLIP UP Lighting Fixture. It has 6 moonlights and 3 seperate plugs/switches, one for each of the two bulbs and one for the moonlights

Do you think I should re-use the halide from my 22g? It's 150w/ 20,000k, and I could put it on half of my tank so I will have a crazy bright side and "the dark side of the reef"?

I also ordered a stainless steel canopy for my tank, I will take pictures when it comes in one week.

Back