Finnex 23" HO T5 Fixture - 4 Bulb x 24w Complete

cephalopoder

Premium Member
Hi are reflectors included in this fixture? I am putting together a 25 aga tank 24" x 20" x 12" and this seems like it might be a good choice in lighting. Could I keep sps with this light?
Thanks

I believe the finnex hood comes with its own reflectors. Keeping SPS under T5 lighting is somewhat up in the air. We've all seen the SPS tanks which do so well under T5's, but common knowledge is that SPS, clams, and anemones do best under halide lighting. You'd need to put some species very close to the light under fluorescent lighting. Other species like Montipora might do better than more light intensive ones like Acropora.

The problem witht he finnex is that it doesn't have individual reflectors it is however a single parabloic reflector. I have seen one in use from nano-reef.com look for pinchy's tank under the memberd tanks. I does put out a lot of light (brighter) then his 150w HQI that lights the front of his tank. HTH

Would anyone know if I could take this Finnex unit apart and retofit it into a larger hood?

basically we have a 50" long hood with dual MH bulbs on each side over a 240 gallon tank. my thought would be to add 2 t5 bulbs on either side of the MH. If I could just pull the guts out of this unit and reconfigure it in my hood, it would be an inexpensive way to accomplish this.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Back