Fire fish has a bruise or something on side?

ser_renely

So I have noticed my firefish hiding from time to time in his hole. which made me look at him a little closer. I noticed he has what looks like a bruise or a cut on him....although I have no idea what a cut on a fish looks like.

Anytime I throw in food he comes out and eats at a good pace, only to be out done by the female clown. He seems fine other then going to his hole during the day from time to time.

I will try and get a pic, but too hard.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Probably too hard to know from my description.

Thanks,
Ser

Dont worry about it my flame hawkfish gets beaten up all the time and losses fins and stuff and they grow back in a week or two.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14183270#post14183270 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ser_renely
thanks, how long does a bruise or cut visible for?

Right now my tomato clown cut itself on a rock running away from the pink skunk about a week ago and its still there. I would say less than a month though.

pistol shrimp is your likely suspect. Mine has killed several burrow-sleeping fishes, I strongly suspect, and I am no longer advising people toward that pairing.

If it's not a cut, something a fish might recieve by miscalculating a sudden dart and hitting a rock. I wonder if the fish might have been stung by a coral. There is a word for this, I can't remember it though.

Just a thought.

Back