First attempt at FocusStacking

JamesHolt

FocusStack1-L.jpg

Probably should have started smaller/easier, as you can see I lost track of where I had focused on in a few spots...
14 into 1

FCRAW2-L.jpg

Better this time, only missed 2 spots that I can see..
46 into 1, actually made the PC come off idle for a sec or two..

Wow James. Good job. I would be very pleased with those results if those were my first attempts. I like how you composed the shot with lots of objects between the foreground and background.

I agree. Now let me see if I saw what you did. First the writing at the lower part of the wd40 can. Also the orange part of what looks like a flair fitting, which looks like it's on the same plane. Next the box on the back wall. Then also it looks like the lithium part of the batteries was angled and it threw that off a little. Is that about what you saw? Good job!!!

Thanks Jesse and Reef Bass, The ones I saw until you mentioned the others (still working without glasses) were the sloped area on the grease gun, between it and the WD40 can and the area under the trigger of the grease gun..
The pushlock fitting is about 2" in front of the WD40 can, suprised the WD40 can didnt have more light reflections in it with the way the overhead fixtures were swinging..
Gonna try some with my pitcher plants this weekend if it doesnt rain...

Back