First pics! corals & fish

Jaded_Falcon

Hopefully this works! First time posting pics. These are my first corals (and a couple of fish who wanted their pic taken!) Tell me what you think!
208277OctoFrogspawn.jpg

Octopus Frogspawn

208277GobyShrooms.jpg

My watchman Goby posing in front of my Green-striped Mushrooms

Wow... looks AWESOME! I have a very similar looking frogspawn. Keep up the great work, good things will come! :)

Looks super. Those are all great first corals (the fish seem happy too). Do you have a FTS?

BTW, just noticed that you're a respiratory therapist. Fellow therapist here too.

Eric

for no blur in pics i use a tripod, macro lens, and a fast shutter speed. have to be patient with the fish and ready to snap a pic. (except my firefish. ALWAYS getting in the shot!) Faster shutter speeds also require more lighting though (depending on your ISO) so if your tank isn't very bright you'll get underexposed images. my point and shoot digital camera has a macro setting that works okay, but blurs everytime without a tripod. My wife thinks i'm insane setting up a tripod for pictures of my tank!

yeah i love my firefish! very active. Thanks for all the supportive comments. These are my first corals so I'm pumped. They've even got my wife interested! Hopefully many more to come.

+1 on the fish, that is the first firfish i have liked! - - - i love the frogspawn, i have a new tank too but wanted to give it more time until i get the frogspawn - - - - will a clown host it?

funny about your wife and the tripod!!!!

I've heard clowns may host in them, but mine just ignore it so far. (got it just over a week ago) Of course, I've heard of clowns hosting a lot of strange things on this site!

Back