First Shipment

gonefishin

After considering getting some TBS rock for the last year I finally decided to get the 35 gallon package. THe quality of the rock was very good with only minor exceptions. Most of the rock was covered with coralline and sponges and other organisms. I did get one piece probably about 4 pounds that was essentially devoid of any visible life (kind of looked like maybe it had been under the sand.) The quality of the rest of the rock was far better than any I had seen in the LFS. The rock did not feel overly dense to me as many have said and the formations are quite interesting with many holes and irregular shapes. The live sand was just that. IF you are expecting to get aragonite you will be disappointed. IT is a brown coarse sand with many shells, small rocks etc,, like you would expect from this area of the ocean. I am quite happy with the sand but if you are wanting white aragonite I would consider getting sand elsewhere. I have also been vrey impressed with customer service. They have been helpful and informative. Have not had significant die off and haven't really seen a spike but my tank had alreaady been cycled once. I would recommend the following:

1. If you have been thinking about ordering some TBS live rock, do it I am sure you will be quite happy.
2. WHen you go pick it up take some waterproof plastic as the boxes will probably be very wet and leaking ( not from lack of effort by TBS though) when the styrofoam in the box is in about 100 small pieces I would tend to blame the air carrier.

HTH

*smiles*

That's the FIRST shipment, first part of The Package. You'll be MUCH more impressed with the Second Half of The Package which includes all the coral rock.

But everything you said was definitely true to form with what I personally experienced with TBS staff and their rock.

Cheers!

Andy :wildone:

Back