fish disapearing?

chefer

I don't understand it. I keep puting new fish in my tank and they do great and then dissapear. The original fish are still in the tank but when ever I buy something new it is fine for a while and then disapears. I do quarantine them for 3-4 weeks before I put them in the main display tank. My recent fish were 2 fire gobies and 1 sole tang. Does anyone know something that would eat them at night. I have 3 serpent stars but don't think they would do it? My fish that are still in the tank are 2 clowns and 2 blue damsels which I would be happy to get rid of if I could only catch them. They sometimes pick on the new bees but didn't pick on the fire gobys this time around. Any suggestions? Everyone looked heathly before they dissapeard. Thanks in advance. Mike

I just bought a 12" brittelstar last week before i heard rumors that they can munch on fish.

mine is definitely NOT a green, but do i still need to worry? the thing is pretty big.

I dont think so they are gray and black triped. I can see 2 of them right now but not the 3rd so not 100% but I would remember if they were green because I have had them in the tank for more then 5 yrs.

I have the same kind of serpent star, he/she has never shown any kind of aggression, even to aggressive and irratating hermits that tryed to pick at it.

could it be some kind of hitchhiker?

Back