Fish ick question

Overstock21

My tank been running for about 7+ years with pair of clown, 6line wrasse, and scopas tang. Recently I bought a fish from a LFS and somehow the fish die, now I see the scopas tang start to have ick what the best way to treated without removing him out. I don't have quarantine tank and my tank was full of rock and coral I don't want to tear it down.

My tank been running for about 7+ years with pair of clown, 6line wrasse, and scopas tang. Recently I bought a fish from a LFS and somehow the fish die, now I see the scopas tang start to have ick what the best way to treated without removing him out. I don't have quarantine tank and my tank was full of rock and coral I don't want to tear it down.

There are a lot of medications that are "œreef safe" for ich but they could maybe do more harm than good and not help with ich at all. Your best chance most likely is to feed more and try to keep them fat so they can try and fight it off. But other than that a quarantine tank with copper would be really helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can make a treatment tank out of a clean plastic bucket with sufficient aeration. Most of all do not treat in your tank. Treatment has to be in a bare tank, no sand, no rock---or a bucket. If this fish dies, just do not get ANY other fish for 72 days after his demise. In 72 days without finding a host, the ich will die out.

Back