Fish Ideas for 650

CDTReefer

Hello, Anyone's thoughts please on fish for our business tank. It's been up for almost 3 yrs. currently have 1 niger trigger 1 Picasso trigger 7 black percula clowns and 1 blue jaw trig and 2 fox faces rabbit fish. The have all been in there since the tank has been up. We need more fish but not sure what to get. I have had tangs in the past but are pretty delicate. Thinking more of hardy fish. Stocking thoughts please. Thanks!

Hello, Anyone's thoughts please on fish for our business tank. It's been up for almost 3 yrs. currently have 1 niger trigger 1 Picasso trigger 7 black percula clowns and 1 blue jaw trig and 2 fox faces rabbit fish. The have all been in there since the tank has been up. We need more fish but not sure what to get. I have had tangs in the past but are pretty delicate. Thinking more of hardy fish. Stocking thoughts please. Thanks!
Tangs aren't that delicate really. Just add a few at a time. The most difficult thing imo with tangs is how aggressive they can be when you add new fish.

Me....I would be thinking 2-3 Miniatus Groupers in a tank that big! They are stunningly beautiful and will only get to about 10-12 inches max. They are one of the smaller groupers and one of my favorite fish. The only down side is any other fish that can fit in their mouth and any decorative shrimp are on the menu! They dont really start to show their vivid colors until they get 4-5 inches in length. I tried to add a pic but its not working, do a google search for images and a couple of dozen will show up. The images at LiveAquaria are drab juvenile fish. There are two types one is stawberry red with irridecent blue/gold dots the other is like that but kinda fades to a brilliant blue at the tip of the tail and fins.

Last edited:
Back