Fish predator captured (pic included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well what happened, happened. Surely most of you would have killed the crab too after it horribly harassed and killed my expensive fish. I was just ****ed okay :p Maybe it was best if I showed unconditional love, but every time I think of it killing my fish... it deserved a flush down the toilet.

And trust me, it was the crab who killed the fish. I knew what it was. It was a killer, plain 'n simple. I saw it with my own eyes, the crab slowly creeping for the fish when it swam close to the sandbed for some odd reason. The fish then panicking, darting like it was demonly possessed or something. I felt for that fish and the rest. RIP

And also I do have another crab that I know of, but it has rounded claws and I heard those kinds are not aggressive or killers.

Evil looking little crab there. Glad you were able to spot and catch him. He looks like he deserved to die to me. Maybe he met up with Nemo on his journey. I thought all drains lead to the ocean.

I just nuked about 30 hermit crabs when I dropped that interceptor in my display tank last week. I bet you guys are crying now. Don't worry, I'll skip the crawfish boil this year to balance things out.

I had one of these ride in on my live rock when starting my 90 last year. I had one green chromis and one PJ cardinal disappear then maxima that was doing well overnight. After I noticed one of my lobos--4" long wouldn't stay upright I saw 2 glaring eyes at me from a black crab body.

It looks alot like your pic. The are def bad boys. I never got him out, he just diappeared himself.

I've got a little crab in my rocks that I haven't been able to get out yet. I hope he doesn't grow up to look like that.

Hello,

it should be an Actaeodes tomentosus.

But I do not believe that she killed the fishes; she just ate´the remains after the fish died by something else...

regards

Markus

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14196928#post14196928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarkusII
Hello,

it should be an Actaeodes tomentosus.

But I do not believe that she killed the fishes; she just ate´the remains after the fish died by something else...

regards

Markus
There is no kangaroos in the wild in australia? Man this forum sure does mess with my head..... Hm cool crab! :rollface:

Wow, that is really pathetic. In my 30+ years of fish keeping I have never intentionally killed anything. You should have taken it to a LFS and traded or given it to them. Hell you did not even know what it was or if it had killed anything.

Would you like to call fish "Sea Kittens" by any chance?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14197424#post14197424 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Amoore311
Would you like to call fish "Sea Kittens" by any chance?
Wow you are funny... What does your piece of **** post contribute to the thread? The thread is about crab identification and needless killing of what WAS PROVEN to be a harmless crab feeding on carrion.

Let me say it again, in the 30+ years of being in the hobby I have never intentionally killed ANYTHING. Instead of ridiculing me why not think about my words and my point? You CAN ALWAYS take stuff to the LFS, at least the ones I deal with.

And BTW, PETA says stuff like that to get free publicity congrats on playing right into their hands.

You just DONTGETIT!! It's NOT THE CRAB'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why should HE pay FOR YOU NEGLECT!!!!! You should of did something earlier!! Big Deal It's ONLY a CRAB.... BUT IT'S A LIVING CREATURE IN A CLOSED ENVIERMENT!.. Just Think about it! PEACE!

god its just a crab. I would be kinda ****ed if it killed my fish. You guys are getting way too upset over this. And you need to calm down juruense. Just because someone made fun of your post doesnt mean you need to start acting like that.

I would have done the same and killed the crab. Especially knowing that you lost $100's of dollars because of it.

Just my opinion.

Hey, aiptasia are living creatures, and no one cares about them. Why is that? How about all of the other "nusciance" creatures that we routinely kill. No one cares about them either. Think about it. You are putting a value judgement on which life is worth keeping. We ALL do it, all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back