Fish Question

FrostyMountain

Have a 55 Gallon , currently have 1 gold line Blenny, 1 Male Carpenters Flasher,
2 Female flashers ( although it appears that one is changing to male as it has developed a blue tail and colored dorsal fins. The male appears to chase and harass the female more than anything. If the other female is changing will that be a problem. Also have a yellow watchman goby and Pistol Shrimp

Have a small Duncan Coral, a hammer coral, and 2 frog spawn, a leather, and a ricordea with about 8 heads. Everything is doing great

We want to add one more fish for color and movement, preferably yellow, and a free swimmer. Also could I add another shrimp goby shrimp combo to the opposite side of the tank. The Pistol keeps the sand on his side clean as a whistle. Any suggestions on a last fish and the shrimp goby addition. I have alot of live rock, and a Reef octopus Classic 1000 , hang on back, no sump.

If all three wrasses are carpenters, then the one starting to change should be removed and traded in either to your LFS or to another reefer. Two males will fight until there is one, and the one who survives will probably be beat up as well.

I don't know about adding another pistol shrimp/goby pair. I have a feeling that wouldn't work out too well either but I could be mistaken.

In your 55, you are really too small for any tangs, so rule them out from the start. You could do a Flame Angel or, a bit smaller, a fireball angel. The Flame will be hit or miss on survivability (poor shipper/poor collection practices) but if you can get a good one they are certainly an eye-catcher. You could also have problems with it liking your corals although I have never had one bother any. I have a Fireball in my 120. It spends it's days swimming amongst the rock work looking for morsels to eat.

I also have a pair of Blue Star Leopard Wrasses that work incessantly to rid my tank of pests (flatworms, etc) and are absolutely stunning to look at.

hth

Thanks, as to the Flasher Wrasse, the weird thing is the Male ( the one that came as a male) harasses the female , not the one who is changing. He doesnt flash he just chases the female around the tank., doesnt bother the changling.

Thanks, as to the Flasher Wrasse, the weird thing is the Male ( the one that came as a male) harasses the female , not the one who is changing. He doesnt flash he just chases the female around the tank., doesnt bother the changling.

Trust and believe, if it's changing into a male, there will be fighting to the death.

I absolutely love the contrasting colors of a royal gramma. Small. Kind of keeps to himself in my tank. Always seems to be staring at me [emoji2]

362cbcb5be4bab7b8a17e942bf062f57.jpg

3f93e491edd81082c2a457de7838e872.jpg

cccba26e776faeff140532e4ce48746e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back