fish supplier favortism ?

mtc1966

does this exist ? the reason i ask is Greenwich aquaria apparently is able to get dragon pace pipe fish in on a regular basis yet all my favorite lfs cant seem to find them on there supplier lists . will a supplier let on store corner the market if they are a big buyer? just wondering

i believe you since you are in the know. just didnt think there were that many suppliers. but i am on the outside looking in.

You should just bite the bullet Mike and spend the extra dollars, get it wherever you can. You clearly want it this bad!

Some stores can actually go and pick there fish local. But these days especially with corals they come direct from California or Florida and the pet stores do airport pick up. That's why if you are at a store in those states the usually have a bigger variety than are local shops they get first pick.

Greenwich Aquaria has one of the best selection of marine fish in the area. I dont go to house of fins but I do travel around the state to different LFS. On the pipe fish topic I do always see them there. When I buy my fish from there it is usually during one of there 30% off sales they run every couple months. I have seen some that were bigger than the ones mtc looked at but the color always seems the same. Very little yellow but they sell healthy fish there.

working at a lfs, I know we have several wholesalers for our one store. Dragon face pipe fish are not on anu of our newest order sheets either, I tried looking for ya, so they must buy from somewhere different... however, the last time they were available a few months back, they would have been priced at the higher end of yoir price range,and we aren't all high class like GA and HoF.

Barrier Reef Aquariums has your pipefish in stock as of a few minutes ago....23.99
Not sure what the shipping is.

Back