Fish you would add to 50g corner tank

Sinusone

I inherited a friend's tank so I'm about 1 year in still new. I once didn't do a water change for a while like 5 weeks and a goby,pistol shrimp, and cobalt banded shrimp eventually got sick and passed away or they were old (10 years old)

Now in the tank is a clown fish, royal Gramma, and 3 snails. What hardy fish can I add to add some life to the tank? The fish typically hide all day. When the mushrooms open up they take up a lot of space so a fish that likes to swim probably wouldn't be happy im guessing. I like the look of tangs but the tank could be small for one

PMKcqgQ

Blennies (2 only) and a variety of gobies are a good type. Gramma's fine. Put one blue chromis in and his dithering about will reassure the others so they will come out. The watchman may hide for a year, then become quite front and center. Tailspot blenny is always out. Ocellaris clowns are ok. They don't get too big. Pearly jawfish if you have deep sand. Gobies are rarely aggressive, and they usually don't fuss with each other or others. Blennies: I know that the tailspot will get along with other blennies, but don't try two of similar shape or the same kind. Some varieties are territorial. A dwarf or cherub angel might not eat your soft coral, but they can be nippy with corals. Beautiful shroom growth. All the fish I've named should be ok in there, and the tailspot loves to hide under the edges of mushrooms.

Depends on which: highfin redstripe gobies are quite tiny; so are clown gobies; you could probably do 1-2 of common goby species, a couple of blennies, and a reassuring single chromis and still not be crowded. Just go slow and judge by whether the up-and-moving activity of the tank is sufficient to make it interesting.

You could add a good group (4-6) of Barnacle Blennies. They're very social and fun to watch, and also hilariously cute.

Back