Flagfins?

AquaKnight

Anyone have experience keeping flagfins? Thinking about getting one for my 125gal, though the other fish are semi-aggressive, Tusk, Naso, Trigger. The Apolemichthys seem slightly better as far as reef compatibility, probably softie and SPS safe, meaty LPS and zoa's at risk. Though reading some of wetwebmedia, they don't seem like the hardiest of fish. Some randomly dying, make it past 2 months or so, good fish. Wonder if maybe the collection process has something to do with it?

Just really like the look of them, seem really underrated. Just like their more popular cousin, the Goldflake, for about 10% of the cost. Any and all input is appreciated!

You should check with chris at reef works he had a flagfin in the store for like three months and was still there about two weeks ago.

I didn't see it on last weekend's LFS loop visits, but yea, that's the one that got me interested in them lol.

I love flagfins to bits, we get them from a good supplier and they are only a few hours transship to the store. As a result, they seem very tough. This came in last night and is in qt now:

img4791a6f08b44d.jpg

We have had no problems keeping them for months in the store and our customers report few problems. They are a lot of angel for the money.

FW

Back