Flake Food

EnglishRebel

Retired Rebel Reefer
I have flake food but tend not to use it as it floats on the surface and then into the overflow before the fish can eat it (and my fish do not seem to like eating from the water surface). I read somewhere on RC that there is a flake food container. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Try soaking your flake food in water before putting it in your tank, or just hold it under the surface of your tank for a couple of seconds before releasing it, it will sink down into the water column.

The only container I know of, is the clip that you hang off your glass. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4430+7950+4441&pcatid=4441
I like when they float so they don't end up becoming nitrates so turn off all flow so the flakes don't go down the over flow. If there’s flakes left over just scoop them out with a net. true though, some of my fish are picky and they don't eat at food off the surface so I toss one pellet at a time to feed them... the goal for me is no wasted food to become a problem down the road.

Back