Had him about 7 weeks. Water is 0,0,nil (amm, nitrite, nitrate). SG ~1.024
I am suspecting velvet due to his growing willingness to let the Skunk shrimp clean his mouth and gills recently.
Is there excess mucus? I would do a FW dip immediately. If it is flukes or brook the a FW dip will help. It will knock off the flukes and brook parasites and buy you some time. If it is velvet then CP is reported to help but it may be too late. Do you have any formalin or Quick Cure on hand?
More info: I lost a clown about 10 days ago. Reason unknown. I was away my spouse disposed of it, I didn't get a chance to see the carcass.
When was that fish introduced? Assuming the parasite was transmitted from the clown, we are on a time line for brook or velvet but not ich. That information would have been useful.
If my remaining two fish (clown and pink spot goby) do not exhibit symptoms after a few weeks do I still need to treat them?