Flameback Angel

AZReef13

I was wondering what the thoughts were about adding a Flameback to my IM 40 mixed reef? fish included Yellow Acessor, Helfrich firefish, Captive breed Court jester goby, and Captive breed Mandrin, Is tank to small, coral damage and anything else I might have forgotten.

Thanks

Flame back is one of the smallest dwarf angels. It can fit in a 40g. Otherwise same warnings as with all angels. They can be hit or miss with coral nipping.

thesimplereef.com

Flame back is one of the smallest dwarf angels. It can fit in a 40g. Otherwise same warnings as with all angels. They can be hit or miss with coral nipping.

thesimplereef.com

Do you know which one is more aggressive the Brazillian or African?

I have an African that was a rescue fish. It was in a tank with a bigger angel and lost an eye due to being picked on and then traded in to a lfs. I bought it and have had no aggression issues with it. I haven’t seen it picking at corals but think it may be, but I have been having issues for a while with some corals so it may be unrelated. I don’t have any experience with the Brazilian, but I wouldn’t hesitate to get an African again. The only fish I have that are smaller than it are a pit of clowns, a royal gramma and a lawnmower blenny. He doesn’t bother any of them and gets along with a wrasse, tang and rabbit.

I have a coral beauty in my 20 and a flame angel in my 42. Both are doing great. Flame nipped at an orange plate coral, which I took home to my 20 gallon. Coral Beauty has left it alone....

I love dwarf angel. Every tank should have one!

I have heard they can be aggressive but dont recall which area they were from. A white tail would be another option.

If you add an angel in a 40 gal reef, the Mandarin will starve. It will happen over a few months.

Back