flatworm eating nudis??

jski711

Moved On
anybody have any experiance with these. i have a minor flatworm problem and am picking up one of these and would like some more info from people who have had experiance with them. thanks.

jake

chujai

a friend of mine that had got one, blue velvet nudibranch i think...

anyways he told me within 3 days all his flat worms were gone and it was covered... but after they deplete the population he said it died next week...

Saltcreep1

I got one a few months ago.

My flatworms tended to be on mushrooms and blend in very well.

Flatworm exit killed many of them......but not all.

The Nudi was way cool and hunted them nonstop for two days.......then it was GONE.

No little corpse.......never to be seen again......flatworms are all still there.:mad:

jski711

Moved On
i have the same problem now, my flatworms are only on my mushrooms!! they are very bright blue so you can see the fw really good, i have a radiant wrasse and a purple velvet wrasse but they don't seem interested in the fw and i would rather not use fw exit. hopefully this works, they are really ****ing me off.

cowboyswife

Yeah nudis dont last very long in captivity. Look into getting a green or yellow coris wrasse. My husband is getting a green one this weekend to take care of his flatworms. AND they are REALLY pretty!!

coris.jpg

greenbean36191

Premium Member
If they're only on the mushrooms then they probably aren't Convolutriloba, which is the problem flatworm species. There are several species of commensal flatworms, usually identitified as Waminoa, that live on mushrooms. They're harmless.

greenbean36191

Premium Member
If you look at the tail of the worm Convolutriloba (the bad worm) has three points or "lobes" that Waminoa doesn't. You can see them in the picture from Charle's page.