Flatworm Invasion

syilk1

I have had flatworms for 2 years. There is so many they cove whole rocks and occupy my entire sandbed. I tried flatworm exit once and did what everybody said with water change and charcoal but still lost 3 fish and lots of corals due to toxins released. There must of been a few left and repopulated tank to the hilt over last year. SO tried natural route and bought a six line wrasse which has been in the tank for 5 months and population has not been touched. SO any ideas on how to kill these babys for good or at least have them head the other way. Would a velvet nudibranch be any good. I am desperate. Tank looks like crap because of these little bastards.

The velvet nudibranch won't work. They eat most of the flatworms and then starve to death. I got Flatworm Exit to work, but it required two doses a few days apart.

Would it be a good start to use velvet before using Flatworm Exit. I damn near lost my whole tank from that stuff. I have probably 10000000 flatworms.

Siphon out the FW's with airline tubing into a bucket. Do a bucket every day or so as part of your water changes. Use the small airline tubing like you connect to an air pump. Keep doing this until you don't see many FW's. Then use FW exit and run carbon to help with the toxins and then a large water change.

The key is to remove as many as you possibly can before using FW exit.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10377167#post10377167 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by syilk1
Would it be a good start to use velvet before using Flatworm Exit. I damn near lost my whole tank from that stuff. I have probably 10000000 flatworms.

Are you sure about that number? Can you recount them please?

Seriously though, the next time my population of flatworms rises I am going to work out a deal with a LFS and trade wrasses until I find one that eats them. He will have a home for life. Hopefully, unlike the nudi, he will eat other things as well while keeping the flatworms in check.

...I can dream can't I?

I have a friend that had FWs and he just siphoned them out a little everyday and they took care of themselves. Oh yeah he also bought a six line wrasse too... I know that is not much help but it should give you some hope. I personaly don't add chemicals to my tank. If that doesn't work you can always use the FW exit... Just follow all the directions to the tee! Good luck!!!

Back