flavogutatus anthias

20longreefer

ive found a place to get a flavogutatus anthias and i would like to get one because they are beautilful fish. my only two concerns are my tank is ony a 20 gallon long so it might be to small. my other concern is that because they like to be in harems what gender should i get to do well on its own. will someone please give a max size and a opinion. thanks in advance

it also might be worth noting that i have a 20 gallon sump with a skimmer and the only other fish i have in the tank is a yasha goby and the only other fish i intend to get is a helfrichi firefish

20longreefer:

You should be ok if you stick to your game plan with your fish stocking. You could do 1 male and one female, I have 5 in my tank-1 male and 4 females.

Make sure you have some coverage for them as the females like to hide and only come out when there is food in the water. The male is out all the time.

I suggest you buy a bottle of Reef Nutritions (Arctic Pods) and start them feeding on that then you can try mysis or brine shrimp. Mine eat just about anything that I throw in their.

Anyway good luck with your purchase and enjoy!

Back