Flooded basement again....

intyme

Yup, good thing I have a shop vac, went to dinner and forgot to turn off the water supply to my Rodi......oops! :headwalls:

I keep doing the same thing... Except I'm on the fourth floor. The neighbors are still complaining about the water. But yeah, a float switch will help, now if I could only take my own advice...

this thing has made the floods go away in my house. Got it at HD for like $15

Neat idea but I know for me with my 45g container that thing would turn off long before my container is full. A float valve in the container and an auto-shut off set up on the RODI unit lets my RODI unit run as long as needed and then shuts off when my container is full.

I use both a float valve and an emergency overflow that dumps to the slop sink for when(not if) the float valve fails. Not a single flood since!

Best $35 ever spent on my reef, well it went up in price since I purchased it but still highly recommended: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/leak-controller-detector-for-ro-di-systems-1.html

I have an Apex with two switches, however when I manually put the make RO/DI on and in the efforts of multitasking, sometimes I forget to put it in auto so the switches will shut off the solenoid. This BRS shuts to water off before the RO/DI and beeps really loud. Saved my but a few times.... Wifey really doesn't like floods so I have this triple protected.

That's no chit!! I'm quite happy my garage is sloped and bare concrete. Haha

LOL same here... I need to finish getting everything hooked back up to my large storage tanks rather than 5 gallon buckets...

Back