Florida Well water ?

TheReefKeeper

Aquaholic
G-Day
As some of you Florida Reefers may know we have well Water in some parts. I have a question reguarding the water softner. Should an Ro unit go before or after it. Not really sure all my reefs have been in Boston city water. Just move to Florida. Wasn't sure if the salt in the softner would have any effect on the RO filters or finished water quality. Someone told me to put straight well water in my pool not softned because the softned water would grow alge. Does that apply to aquariums too.
Thanks
Chad

not sure on this. I live in ohio. I'm on well water. I have a Kent Maxxima HI-S. It is hooked up "after" the softner. Testing the water directly out of the unit shows no phos. or anything else.
I am sure the water would be very hard if it were hooked up before the softner.
Maybe someone who has tried it both ways will chime in...
Lucky

RO ALWAYS AFTER SOFTENER ON WELL WATER!!!

Helps reduce TDS even before it gets to the RO

I install water softeners and such in homes and businesses every day :)

Thanks
I should know this my stupidity I'm a well driller don't do softners though. Not too familiar with the end product just drill get water and walk away.
Thanks Again

Install it after the softener. A softener will NOT reduce the TDS from the well nut it will replace the calcium and other things with sodium which is much easier for the RO membrane to process. If you have a TDs meter, (which you should have!) you will find the TDS both before and after the softener will be essentially the same. Its what is in the TDS that is different.

Back