flow in 55g

2t2_crash

I have one of the 55gallon long tanks that the BX sells and am having a helluva time figuring out flow. I have a Koralia 3 and 4 in the tank, and my return line all for flow, but I have my overflow on the short side of the tank... Those familiar with the housing on kadena at Marek park know that we have a bit of a bar between the kitchen and dining room, so I put mine there, with no room to put the sump and overflow mid-way down the long side

I have my Koralia 4 on the furthest side of the tank facing diagonal, pushing water high and towards the front of the tank, my return faces against the glass on the short side for the tank, with the Koralia 3 right across from hit hitting low and against the front of the tank.

The flow is great but the problem is that it doesn't seem to direct crap in the tank to the overflow for removal, just push it all around.

I'll try to get pics later.

have your flow pushing up. Keeps the particles suspended higher up so they can eventually make it out. Everything you see floating in the water is kind of hard to keep out. You can also try carbon dosing to help keep your detritus, nitrate, and phosphate from building up in your tank.

Back