Flow question/opinions

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
I am setting up a 120 4ft tank. And I have a display 120 4ft tank so

I currently have 2 mp40 and 3 mp10 and a bunch of koralia pumps I'm not using.

I was thinking to keep the 2 mp40 in the main display with a couple koralia pumps under the rock work to make up for removing the mp10.

i was thinking in the 120 frag to have 4 mp10. 1 on each side and 2 on the back side 1 on ea. side of the tank. I am thinking a couple koralia under the frag rack setup to keep anything from settling on the bottom.

Any better ideas. Will the 4 mp10 be enough.

Roger

glass isn't greater than 3/8" is it? thats as thick as MP10's go (even a layer of paint on 3/8" glass is too much thickness for an MP10).

I'm personally running 2 mp 40s and 2 mp10s through the apex on the sides (with the mp10's towards the back). left hand side mp40 is master, left hand side mp10 is slave sync. right hand side pumps are both anti-sync.

I'm only running the mp40's at a maximum of 50% based on the results returned from the ecotech flow calculator: http://ecotechmarine.com/calculator/

according to that - 4 mp10's would be running around 65% for SPS recommended flow.

glass isn't greater than 3/8" is it? thats as thick as MP10's go (even a layer of paint on 3/8" glass is too much thickness for an MP10).

I'm personally running 2 mp 40s and 2 mp10s through the apex on the sides (with the mp10's towards the back). left hand side mp40 is master, left hand side mp10 is slave sync. right hand side pumps are both anti-sync.

I'm only running the mp40's at a maximum of 50% based on the results returned from the ecotech flow calculator: http://ecotechmarine.com/calculator/

according to that - 4 mp10's would be running around 65% for SPS recommended flow.

Where is the link u speaak of.

I would run 4 koralia under frag rack with the 4 mp10s too

I was very tired see link know that's interesting cause I have been running and mp10 on my 1/2 tank for 2 years now with no issues. I looked at calculator it says 4 mp10 in perfect for that tank. Thanks for link

Back