Flow?

Hurley12

Ok I know this is probably a matter of opinion, but I am just looking for some input. My tank is 24x24x18 cube and right now I have a mag 9.5 hooked up to an oceans motions squirt, and I also have a Korallia 1 which is 400 gph. Do you think this is enough flow for my tank, keep in mind it is mainly SPS. I thought it was plenty, but after visiting Dave this weekend and seeing his tank and the amount flow I am not so sure. He is obviously doing something right his colonies are insane. So any input would be great thanks.

Well, you know what I have, but I'll reiterate. 2 Tunze 6100 (max 6200 gph), a Mak4 and Mag9.5 return (max total ~2000 gph), a 1100 gph pump on an oscillating closed loop, and another 600 gph closed loop, for a grand total of almost 10,000 gph on a 125, or 80X turnover. I sometimes wish I had more, but am generally happy with my flow patterns and randomness.

Dave

Ok Dave I added another Korallia 1 to it today bringing my grand total to 2067 gph, which puts me at about 46x turnover. To be honest I still don't think its enough, I am debating on trading the 2 korallia 1's in for a korallia 4 which 1200 gph, I won't have as many options for placement since I will only have one powerhead instead of 2 but will add about 400 gph. Should I see how what I have works out or trade the smaller pump in for the larger one?

Back