Fluval Spec Nano Reef Running UltraBrite LEDs Journal

Reef Floating Islands

Reef Floating Islands

Clowin65 (or anyone with an answer),

Where did you get your floating island and how much stress will it be putting on the aquarium?

Thanks in advance,

Harbour

I got them from a company called UltraBrite. The islands are great and dont need to be placed in the tank permanently. You can move them Around to keep the tank glass clean. I have mine positioned on the plastic piece that divides the filter from the tank, it can also be placed on the glass. The design keeps it from applying any pressure to the tank. I actually ordered a larger one which arrived today, i ll have some pics up asap. Also they are made from natural dry rock, which make them perfect for becoming live rock. It really gives the tank a whole new dimension which I have never seen before. I'm thinking of getting a larger tank as I can only imagin what amazing setup I can design. Here's their email if you want to contact them. Edgeultrabrite@gmail.com

Good luck

Floating reef island

Floating reef island

Thanks do they have a website?

Harbour

Last I asked it was under construction, That was a while ago. I know they are being aquiered by a Hagen, so good chance their site won't ever be up. I would just email them for now

Fluval spec Reef update Running Ultrabrite Leds & Hoverscape live rock

Fluval spec Reef update Running Ultrabrite Leds & Hoverscape live rock

How's it coming along?

Sorry guys been very busy. The tank is coming along extremely well. I was really able to create something Amazing and can't stop looking at my tank. To start Ultrabrite updated their led system for the Spec and since I has just purchased one of the old ones they sent me the new one at no cost. It looks much better and moves 360 degrees, so you don't have to take it off everytime you want to get into the tank. Its also a much better build than the original unit which was the stock spec led housing with their lights built in and comes with a Wifi Autimated controller that i use with my iphone. I'm really happy with everything and now thinking about setting up another spec and using their different design Hoverscaping liverocks to create another beautiful tank. They are offering me a much better deal the 2nd time around as I agreed to allow them to use my pictures for their site. Let me know your thoughts or suggestions.

Attachments

• 20150329_011930.jpg
    20150329_011930.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2015-03-30 02.28.09.jpg
    2015-03-30 02.28.09.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20150329_015324.jpg
    20150329_015324.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20150329_013923.jpg
    20150329_013923.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1
Ultrabrite Led System

Ultrabrite Led System

Sorry. Yes I meant the ultrabrit system.

Their systems have come a long way. Their latest builds offer much better color mixture and higher quality leds, not to mention their Automated Systems which make having a tank much easier. I really like their latest systems.

I have the same setup at my office, still building it. I will have the marine orbits in on Tuesday. Glad I found this thread. I was trying to order the marineland Minijet 606 but just found out today that it has been discontinued. Been looking all day for a good replacment for it.

How's the build coming along?

This unit uses two of the L-shaped connectors that the Spec comes with. The same piece that connects to your original tube and is the return into the tank. One is used on the Hydro to the tube and then one on the other end of the tube connected to the wavemaker. Hit up sales at UltraBrite and they may be able to sell you an entire setup. I had the Hydro from my last set up, so they just sent me the connectors. But hit them up
edgeultrabrite@gmail.com

Hey, I just picked up a spec v today but only found one elbow going from the top of the tube to the nozzle for the return. Where did you get the other elbow going from the pump to the bottom of the tube? Also, how does that pump fit in the return side? Is it pretty tight and would I be able to get a small heater in with it? Thanks.

Back