foan island

cubano2480

In Memoriam
I`m making a big island for my 375g :) some pics.........

83017foan_rocks.jpg

83017Picture-002.jpg
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/83017Picture-002.jpg[/img]
83017fdhythik.jpg

83017Picture-003.jpg

83017trytg_ui.jpg

is not done yet,what u guys think

looks good...make sure you test it before putting it in the tank...and by testing i mean MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT FLOAT
get rid of extra foam. GOOD LUCK

FELIX-

Coming out nice, I have a feeling that is a lot bigger than it looks put something next to it so we can see the proportion.

I am not sure if you can cut the foam after it dries. It opens the pores and lets water in. I am not sure but you could check with some people that have used it.

Is that just Great Stuff or did you get something specifically for ponds/tanks? Ditto, make sure it doesn't float away. :eek:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684340#post11684340 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Felix1021
looks good...make sure you test it before putting it in the tank...and by testing i mean MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT FLOAT
get rid of extra foam. GOOD LUCK

FELIX-

no worries it won`t I use a lot of rock this is big :)

thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684651#post11684651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by .::Jun77::.
very nice!

what's the brand name of the foam and glue that you used? tnx

the foam is from home dipot{great stuf} no I din`t use any glue is not finish yet I will use some epoxy and crush coral to cover the foam :)

thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684974#post11684974 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ahoyhoy239
try putting sand on the foam to make it blend in more

I will use crush coral I think it will look better than u

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11686120#post11686120 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fish2reef
Coming out nice, I have a feeling that is a lot bigger than it looks put something next to it so we can see the proportion.

I will this monday wen i get back and i will post the what else i have done looks better now :) but is not finish yet this is not that easy :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11686436#post11686436 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Treeman
I am not sure if you can cut the foam after it dries. It opens the pores and lets water in. I am not sure but you could check with some people that have used it.

i`m using a very HOT wire ;) thanks treeman :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11688189#post11688189 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pedromatic
Is that just Great Stuff or did you get something specifically for ponds/tanks? Ditto, make sure it doesn't float away. :eek:

great stuff and it is heavy trust me it wont float thanks pedro ;)

guajiro It will not float I can guarantee you that. I've done and seen 3 tanks now and it will not float.
now worries about the color since coraline will cover it and will look nice.
One of my buddies did a 280 perfecto just like that.
Just today i saw a 54 corner all done like that. The pond foam he used is black but pretty much the same.

Another advantage is the fact that u can glue some rigid airline tubing to the coral and stick it into the foam for a tight fit and easy access to corals in and out.
good job!:thumbsup:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11689082#post11689082 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gasman059
guajiro It will not float I can guarantee you that. I've done and seen 3 tanks now and it will not float.
now worries about the color since coraline will cover it and will look nice.
One of my buddies did a 280 perfecto just like that.
Just today i saw a 54 corner all done like that. The pond foam he used is black but pretty much the same.

Another advantage is the fact that u can glue some rigid airline tubing to the coral and stick it into the foam for a tight fit and easy access to corals in and out.
good job!:thumbsup:

thanks u :)

Ive been reading threads about doing this they are covering the foam with some type of epoxy and throwing crushed coral and sand on it for a non foam look. Id like to see one in an established reef to see the final look. I think this is something we will all see more of. :bum:

This is tight! We will all see more of this for sure. How about flow behind something like this?? Will all kind of bad stuff and dead space occur behind something like this or is a simple power head placed behind or underneath the solution?

cubano i was gonna post the link to that thread but im pretty sure you already saw it. that tank belongs to tiggsy in the u.k., ive been following that thread from the beginning

Back