Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood

Wayner2

I'm in Fort Lauderdale right now on vacation visiting family., was wondering, is there a good place in the area for dry goods?., I'm looking for a Reefkeeper Lite, a vortech, and a 250W Radium Bulb

Am I better off ordering on line?, been to Blue Seas, Big Als, Jawz is closed but should be re-opening next week.

Any others I should check while we wait for the warm weather to return.

Thanks

Yeah, I almost never buy dry goods from the LFS'. Big als especially is WAY overpriced on some smaller dry goods, place wants $40 for pvc gate valves, $30 for 9 watt PC bulbs, etc......suprisingly though their tank prices arent bad...

I "think" most LFS's keep the tank prices down because they know if they sell you a tank that you are going to be a repeat customer for everything else that is needed, like the $40 gate valve and $30 PC bulbs.

Thanks fellas - today were heading to the Hollywood area, so I'm going to pop into Coral Reef Farm then onto Fish Tales in Hallandale.

Anything I need to know about these places?

I am mainly into SPS/Clams - 70 gallon Cube.

Thanks

Reef Farm shouldn't disappoint; they are my go-to store. The owners are real cool guys, and their livestock is always very nice. Haven't been to Fish Tales yet.

although in your previous post you said you were looking for DRY GOODS. coral reef farm is awsome with livestock but for "on the shelf" dry goods, they dont have much. Jeff or Dave can both order stuff for you, whatever you want basically. But if your looking for dry goods stock like at big als or something, you wont find more than the basic supplements, testing kits, and some power heads and pumps.

im not bumping CRF in anyway cuz for live stock in broward county, they are 2nd to none.

Coral Reef Farm

Coral Reef Farm

Finally made it there today., you guys were right, not that I had any doubts., by far, best place I've been so far, nice set up, nice to see the corals being kept under proper lighting and optimal conditions.

Met Jeff and David, really nice guys that know their stuff,, they had a really nice selection there today but are expecting a big shipment next week, call before you go to make sure the airlines haven't messed up.

Got my fix for today. :D

Back