Found a New Spot!

Dastank

Premium Member
I tried to get someone to go out snorkeling with me today, but couldn't get a hold of anybody that could make it. I did what you shouldn't do here, I went alone. I promised myself I would really monitor the current, I wouldn't venture over the edge of the reef and if anything looked remotely bad I would just come in.

I went to a new spot just a little north of my house, about 1 mile north. I've search high and low for zoos in front of my house, but I've never seen any. I hit the jackpot today! Zoos everywhere! I kept with my promise and didn't venture out to the drop, but this place just slowly banked away. Right on the ocean side of the reef I ran into a small ridge and it was covered. I must have followed it for 50 meters, zoos everywhere. I didn't venture past that area because I was alone, but I bet there's even more coral on the outside!

Let me know when your ready to go!

I will tell you that when I went out Friday I was cold by the time I came back in. I went to Tsunami Gear today and bought a 3mm full suit. I didn't know they have 3mm suits there from around $100 to $250. I'm ready to try it out as soon as anybody else is!

The weather is going to be better the next few days...

My wife bought me a 5mm from Tsunami Gear. After being underwater for an hour it can get cold. I was suprised that the water was warmer than I expected it to be for this time of the year.

Back