fowlr flow

markandkristen

55 gallon looking at 2 koralia ones or i founds some 850 gph ebay koralia knock offs and was wondering if i could put two of those in a 55 gallon or is my sand going to be history

I am running 1700 gph in my 29gal.
the fish cant get enough. its a reef tank so sometimes its hard to find a spot that doesn't get too much flow for my soft corals or lps. I think if you keep the water moving with a lot of surface movement the fish will be much happier. I run Koralia 4, maxijet 1200 and maxijet 400 + hob filter. not sure what the filter gph is. all this on 29.

The fish will appreciate the extra flow. ;) Why not get another Vortech, you already have three in your 150g. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14776050#post14776050 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drummereef
The fish will appreciate the extra flow. ;) Why not get another Vortech, you already have three in your 150g. :D
this is for my sons tank. so i am trying to keep cost low:

i have a maxijet 1200 and 900 but i think thats not going to be enough flow by themselves

You could try adding a Koralia, or you can do what I do, which is to put the maxi jet mods on them. I have one on my 30 cube and it's incredible how much flow they put out

Back