FOWLR tank with no cleanup crew

xenon

Owner of Canada Corals
I always wondered how people keep their tanks clean when they own puffers, triggers etc and no cleanup crew.

Any ideas?

Well i do weekly water changes and a weekly scrub down of the tank. And just recently i started only running my light about 4 hours a day and my algae problem is completely gone.

Yep light go on when i get home, around 5 and stay until around 9 or so.With being a fowlr aggressive tank ,it keeps the algae down to nothin.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10814135#post10814135 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by frederickk
I guess your light period must then be in the evening!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10814728#post10814728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by triggerfreak
Yep light go on when i get home, around 5 and stay until around 9 or so.With being a fowlr aggressive tank ,it keeps the algae down to nothin.

Haha same here. No need to start the long light cycle when nothings growing. Cuts back on electricity. And yes canister are very helpful despite the nitrate problems.

FOWL do have clean up crews you just have to find the hand fish, the siphon star and the scrubber Crap. These are really good cleaners and wont get eaten by the fish.

Back