foxface diet

Fphipps

I bought a one spot foxface rabbitfish over the weekend. Love him. He is very active and healthy. I've been feeding him some frozen food called emerald entree, PEMysis and some seaweed sheets. He hasn't touched yhe seaweed but tears up everything else. My question is, everything I've reaf says herbivore diet. But some people say omnivore. I want to feed him the best food possible. Any reccomendations?

i have USPI Foxface and he is the only fish i worry about due to eating. Not that he doesn't eat but needs to be fed quite a lot of food or he treats himself to palys and zoas. He eats anything i put in my tank, squid, any type of pellets, nori sheets, his own POOP, other fishes poop, flakes. He eats everything. By far the biggest pig in my tank. I had to buy an auto feeder just to keep him happy. When fed well they get very FAT and by nature are very skiddish fish.

so i dont have to worry about over feeding? good to know! so i should just feed an omnivore diet? the emerald entree says it has brine and mysis, though i am afraid the quality of the food is not very high. he eats the flakes i put in tonight( just to see if he would go after them), and im hoping to get him on New Life Spectrum pellets if possible. that way i can give him a decent variety. he still hasnt touched my seaweed clip. should i be alarmed by this? is a nori sheet any different than the omega one sea weed i have?

They'll pretty much eat anything - pellets, flake, frozen, old tires, peanut butter sandwiches. Do you have any other fish that eat from the clip? If so, the foxface will catch on. You might try rubber banding it to a piece of live rock or pvc and see if he'll nibble on it there. Otherwise, keep putting it in and see if he calms down and tries it.

These fish are pretty skittish, so I wouldn't be alarmed by odd early behavior.

Back