Foxface vs MP10

penske3939

After a long QT period, I put my One Spot FoxFace into my DT 6 days ago. This morning I woke up to the Foxface wrapped around one of the Vortech MP10. When I attempted to remove the Foxface from the MP10, I was shocked to see it swim away like nothing happened, I was assuming he died overnight.

Reviewing my tank camera it appear he was stuck to the MP10 for at least 50 minutes, but no longer that 1 hour 45 mins. I fed the tank immediately to distract the other fish and I was again shocked to see the Foxface eating normally.

He Foxface only has two marks like the spot on one side that appear to be already getting smaller. The MP10 was ramping up to 70% and was dropping off the power level when I found it.

I am unclear how to proceed. A cardinal fish I put in the DT at the same time, sits in front of the MP10 all day without a problem. The Foxface acts like nothing happened. I don't want to go back to putting on the custom sponges on the MP10s as they require a lot of maintenance, but I will if I have to.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted early

Posted early

My message posted before I could add a T to "œHe Foxface". It should be "œThe Foxface"

Maybe I should have a 5 minute period every hour where the MP10s are at 0% to give anything that gets stuck time to get away/fall away. Has anyone tried something like this?

Back