"Frag" of the Month - September 07

Skipper

Premium Member
This month Agu Lukk demonstrates techniques for fragmenting Acanthastrea in the article, "Propagating Acanthastrea."

More details can be found here or by clicking on the pictures above.

welcome back Skipper-- hope you had the rest you were looking forward too----

look forward to reading the most informative mag on the net--missed the articles over the summer
Cap'n

they are beautiful.. :)

---------
CoralReefOC

**** Sorry, urls are not allowed in signatures. ****

Last edited by a moderator:
The two larger frags went to local friends at very reasonable prices. If I should ever lose the mother colony I trust the favor will be returned. Many years ago a friend introduced me to the concept of "warehousing" your corals. Give somebody a good deal and they'll return the favor if need be. And they're also more likely to entrust you with a frag of their special coral knowing the action is reciprocal.

It's a idea I'd like to see become more widespread in the hobby.

Nice demonstration. I recently tried a diamond band saw on acan lords, highly recommend if you can afford the $200, only about twice as much as a tile saw. Was able to cut precisely around individual heads, though with more crude methods even the 1/4 head chips seem to survive. The band saw does make a much nicer looking product and you dont get that uneasy feeling watching a head get torn appart. - Mark

Back