Frag rack

red88rick

anyone have a magnetic and or suction cup frag rack they wanna sell. Or tell me how you made one. I have tons of egg crate. I got some zoas that are about to fall of a frag and everything in my tank seems to want to crawl all over them

If ya have a spare class cleaning magnet like a mag float you can glue egg crate to it. I had 20 frags on the medium size on 1/4 inch glass and it woulda held more still, pretty strong.

Last time I made a media basket for my old fluval spec v nano it killed my tank. So if you have experience what kind of glue? I just don't trust myself with glue in the tank anymore ha.

super glue. let it dry before putting it in the tank.

Or any glue brand that is cyanoaccrylate.

I use zip ties and attach the egg crate to a large mag-float, that way I can still use the mag float later if I want too.

Oh good idea on the zip ties. I got a few nasty old mag floats with a used tank. I'll try zip ties. If not about how long for the super glue to dry? Also (and I guarantee this is answered 10000 times) but if the zoa polyps get really loose can I just grab them out and re glue them? I'm a super noob sorry guys.

Last time I made a media basket for my old fluval spec v nano it killed my tank. So if you have experience what kind of glue? I just don't trust myself with glue in the tank anymore ha.

I used so many different kind. IC gel is the best. I am going to manhanttan swap this weekend. I may get some for $5-$6 each. Let me know if you need some

Dont go buy the eshopps frag rack if you have a decent size tank. I have mine on a 75. I has fallen a few times. I have to use my one and only mag float to keep it from falling. I need to go buy myself a new magfloat.

Ha ok. I only have a biocube 14 and when I move I'll transfer to my biocube 29

10sojs I'll let you know thanks.

Any kind if coral glue would work too, that's prob what I used. I still use the mag float even after I took the frag rack off to, it came off cleanly. I also find super glue gel dries better and faster underwater, frags always get submerged right away. Zip ties is def a good way to do it think, didn't think of that!

Frag rack

Here it is in action. Thanks again!!

a9e8upyr.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399116909.476236.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399116909.476236.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
There you go. So many ways to do that. I have one I used super glue gel to glue a couple spare auction cups onto. Auction cups that come with heaters, I always save those.

I have another I just used a couple algae Nori feeding clips & clipped them onto the egg crate.

My latest I used 2 pieces of scrap acrylic bonded into an L shape. Then drilled one side & glued a couple magnets to it. I made this one for zoas so that as they grow I can just lift polyps off of the acrylic to make plugs.

Back