Fragging Workshop/presentation Feb 22nd

szwab

Premium Member
The who what where when of the February fragging demo and work shop. For a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of fragging various corals read on!

When:
February 22nd, 7:00 pm

Where:
The Quarry apartments clubhouse -- directions http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE...2C OH 43204

Who:
Scott from Justcoral.com will be heading up the demo and presentation. Scott will cover various fragging techniques, tools and equipment. He will be sharing the knowledge he has gained over the years. If the conditions are right and the anemone will cooperate Scott will also demonstrate on how successfully frag an anemone.

What:
Along with Scott’s presentation we will also have a fragging workshop. We will be fragging sps, lps, and softies. Those participating will have a hands on chance to frag corals guided by experienced club members. If you have ever thought about propagating your corals this should prove an excellent opportunity to learn. Obviously, as a result of the workshop many frags will be created if all goes as planned everyone participating should walk away with a frag from each of the 4 planned stations. So one of each an sps, lps, softie, and either a zoanthid/mushroom. Due to the nature of this event you will need to register for the event. The cost for the event is $20.00 for members. The catch; you do not need to be a CORA member, being a member of a formal reef or all species club qualifies you for the special rate. *subject to verification. If you are not a member the cost is $35.00. You may register at the January meeting or through paypal ( http://www.corareef.org/events.html ). Registration is non refundable. Scott is working hard on getting a great selection of corals to be honest much depends on the participation (the more the better ) More details on the corals that will be fragged will be posted.
If you are a CORA member and would like to help out with the event please shoot me a pm or email.

Have not set a registration deadline yet but we will need time to get things ordered. so register soon! more info to follow :)

I would love to come! Since you want as many folks to participate as possible would there be a chance it could be done on a weekend?

Just a hint! I know people have family things to do on the weekends. It would also depend on if Scott was available on a weekend day. You would probably be able to pull people in from greater distances on a weekend as opposed to a work/school night! You gotta give me credit for trying to sell it!

Friday the 22nd. If I recall properly, this was the best day Scott had available due to shipping and schedules.

whats the deadline for payment? my paypals all messed up currently. But Im definately in if I can workout a payment :)

to be safe I'm going to say the cutoff to register is Monday the 11th but that may get moved back a bit if we can :) .

Have to check my master calendar but I'll try to be there. Will let you know withing a couple of days. Will that be too late?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11754069#post11754069 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ngilbert
Have to check my master calendar but I'll try to be there. Will let you know withing a couple of days. Will that be too late?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11751619#post11751619 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by szwab
to be safe I'm going to say the cutoff to register is Monday the 11th but that may get moved back a bit if we can :) .

have gotten some emails and pms regarding registration.
registration is for a single person.
registration is 20.00 for members if you are a member of a club other thatn CORA you need to let us know which club you belong to.
for non members registration is 35.00 if you would like to join CORA let us know and we will include membership with registration. Or if you prefer to join your local club and register seperately, that works as well.

The reason for doing this is to get more peopleto join and get involved in reefing and their local club. Also due to the natur of the workshop all participants must pre register. If anybody would like personal corals fragged that is a possability time permitting after the workshop and presentation. And as always can be done at monthly meetings. Just give some notice so that we can bring the fragging kit.

if you have signed up for the workshop and are a member of another club please make sure you send us the info of the club you belong to for verification. Or if you are signing up please include the info when signing up.

thanks

That's cool anyone (even you :lol: ) are welcome to come and hang out maybe learn a thing or 2 the frags are a nice side bonus!

Signed up for a membership and the workshop tonight - looking forward to learning something new and meeting new people!

Steven

Registration Deadline Extended

Registration Deadline Extended

WE have determined that we can extend registration until Sunday the 17th. This will give us enough time to aquire corals and supplies. Soooo if you are still interested please sign up. The 17th is the deadline but to make it easier on us please register as soon as possible :)

Back