Fragging zoas

kjamaya

I've fragged almost every type of corals some accidental and some not.
However, when it comes to frag zoas..... I dreed it! Most of the time my survival rate is at 40% on a good day. I cut dip and mount. everything looks great then 4 days later dead! I've had a colony of darth mauls that I fragged for a friend and theirs survived while mine died in a matter of days.....

So what do you do for successful fragging?

FWIW i always use fresh blades, use iodine, and look for the right areas to cut. I frag either from live rock that their growing on or from a plug. I've put the frags in same area as mo colony and also in a different location to distress..

Whats the best way!?

ladybug5234

I always try to scrape whatever they're holding on to, in order not to tear their base. Also, iodine can be lethal in high concentrations. So, I use revive instead. HTH

organism

code monkey
I've put the frags in same area as mo colony and also in a different location to distress..

That's probably your main issue. The frags need to be put into an area with moderate flow hitting them at all times, otherwise they slime up and get infections within a couple of days like you're describing.