Fresh newby needs advice/ lr/ ls

Jugheadd

Hey all,

Just finally got goin at 31 yrs old and am lookin and makin this hobby work:) I jus got a 12 gal nano and now im lookin for live rock and live sand. Anybody got enuff to break me off some or know where I can get some without breaking the bank from a lfs. The best ive found so far is $8 a pound at aquarium adventure. Somebody help:(

Dave

DO NOT shop at Aquarium adventure they're the biggest ripoff around..

I'd put up a post on here looking for some or look for people who are taking down their tanks.. thats how I got almost all my LR

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9885116#post9885116 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jugheadd
kewl

what store do you recommend?
Take a ride out to Dekalb to Rod's Reef. You will find some nice LR and also get a chance to talk to one of the most knowledgeable guys in are hobby.
Larry

Where does Rod keep the live rock?

I've been there a few times and I've never noticed much selection of live rock.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9886621#post9886621 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by craftytony
You are a bar manager......hmmmmmm.....which bar???? ;)

Don't tell hime...You'll regret it. ;) JK :D

thanx for the onfo all.... keep it comin:) As for where I work... I work at a place called The Cheesecake Factory. Can you say hook up:) Im sure something could be arranged. jus pm me

Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9889815#post9889815 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jugheadd
thanx for the onfo all.... keep it comin:) As for where I work... I work at a place called The Cheesecake Factory. Can you say hook up:) Im sure something could be arranged. jus pm me

Dave

My wife loves that place!

thats my favorite cheesecake...ummmm. i may just eat one myself tmrw:) Jus pm me if you feel like you may wanna stop by sometime

you're opening an invitation for trouble with this crowd....

I see a new thread in the short future "jughead, your IN BOX is full"

For a 12 gal, if you can find 1 or 2 pcs that fill it up you will be set. The 7x7 pcs mentiones might be perfect.

welcome to the hobby...beware of bad advice. ALWAYS get a second opinon. Especially when dealing with us here :)

Back