friends sailfin whats wrong

phillrodrigo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-05-20-12-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-20-12-39.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
Well I am not an expert but I would tell your friend first and foremost to move that fish to quarantine asap.

Can you give details about the diet of the fish?

Hard to tell much from the photo. Fish looks undernourished, and maybe a bit of lateral line erosion.

Undernourished is an understatement. The fish is terribly skinny. It needs lots of food including vegetables. Nori, romaine lettuce, maybe even broccoli. Use a clip and leave the leaf in for 12 hours. Put in another every day for a couple weeks. Feed lots of other food soaked in vitamins.

Is there something that could have made this happen very quick like that. When he sent me the pics he said you can see the bones of the fish which makes me think this happened pretty quickly. A year ago I asked hiim to show me how much he feeds becuase he was having nitrate issues and he fed pretty good. I gave him nori awhile back so hopefully he uses it

Is there something that could have made this happen very quick like that. When he sent me the pics he said you can see the bones of the fish which makes me think this happened pretty quickly. A year ago I asked hiim to show me how much he feeds becuase he was having nitrate issues and he fed pretty good. I gave him nori awhile back so hopefully he uses it

Nutritional deficiencies can make the fish susceptible to any number of diseases. It's possible it's not purely caused by poor nutrition but that is most likely the underlying cause.

Back