Frogspawn Coral and current

sra_chipmunk

A buddy of mine gave me some frogspawn and I got it setteled in my tank (sorta) I looked it up on the net and it sayd the Frogspawn should be kept in low current. What is considered low current? I have it set in the lowest current my tank that I could find. I can see the tenticals of the Frogspawn moving around some (not allot) but I dont want this thing to die because the current I have it in. Does anyone have this coral and if so, what type of current do you have it in?

Thanks
Tom

R.L.Young

Sounds like you got it in a good spot; to much current and the tenticals get wipped around, twisted ,and brake off.

rbursek

In Memoriam
Not breaking off!!!!! Just swirling, Med light, get a basic Coral book and the tellyou light, food, flow, with pictures in tank for placement.

MSU Fan

I have had my frogsspawn fall into higher current areas and it really makes it mad - the whole of heads has receeded. But low flow is really just there tentacles out moving like it is in a breeze.

will16

Mine is in pretty strong current on top. Seems to like it. Went from 3 heads to 6 in 3-4months. Open all the time when lights are on.

jubjub

i have a koralia #4 not directly pointing at mine but pretty close its always out and gettin big so its prob med/high current on mine...

reefnut1

My hammers and frogspawn seem to like a little swirling but not anything near a large amount of current.