Frogspawn question

sEaLiFe4LiFe

Hey guys my frogspawn was a darker green when I first bought it. Now it looks almost translucent green. Im trying to understand why the change in color? Its in an area where there's not alot of water flow and it still fully opens. Any help would be appreciated. Water parameters are good across the board and I have 75g and I have it on the sandbed. Should it be closer to the light? I have t5 light setup.

How far are the lights off the water and how far from the surface is the frogspawn?

I agree with the post above, coral will change color in different types of light. I think as long as it is fully opening up it probably is doing alright as long as your water quality is ok.

I have the exact same problem. I have moved mine all over and it opens well but poor color... I have LED lighting...

I have t5 light setup.

Let us know how many watts you have and your color combo.

I have the exact same problem. I have moved mine all over and it opens well but poor color... I have LED lighting...

I noticed you only have 24 1W LEDs above a 60 cube. This is a little less than I would have expected on a 60 cube. 24 3W LEDs would be plenty, if not too much.

Let us know how many watts you have and your color combo.

I noticed you only have 24 1W LEDs above a 60 cube. This is a little less than I would have expected on a 60 cube. 24 3W LEDs would be plenty, if not too much.

I have 24 3 watt royal Blues and 24 3 watt Cool Shites. Thats 48 totak. Wowever I am only running 12 of the cool whites. And those are only at 30%. The 24 Royal Blues are at %60.

I noticed that the more mine opened, the lighter the color. The more retracted the darker the color. I believe its how the lights are hitting it when it is open.

Back