frogspawn ???

Ehgemus

I have a frogspawn with one head, the stem is about 2" long and the head is about 2 1/2" dia.
How long does it take to get a new head? and where does the new head come from? does it split?

The heads will split. I just feed the heck out of mine. Started with 2 heads 3 months ago and I now have 6.

I feed with cyclopeeze and mysis. It will eat just about everything I give it as long as it is meaty. Clams, bloodworms, whatever.

I never feed my frogspawns nor hammers and they get slow growth. When I do feed them I notice that they always look a little bit bigger if I gradually feed them.

mine wont eat either... no matter what food i try, no matter how long i hold it near the tentacles...

it ONCE ate table shrimp, and often grabs brine but lets it go fairly easily... but its spread large and looks happy so i cant complain too much...

When you feed make sure you spot feed. I take a syringe like for giving kids medicine and stick it into the tenticles. Turn off your pumps for about 20 minutes or so.

I target feed with the pumps off 2 times a week.

After about 20 minutes I turn my closed loop back on to gently circulate what is left for the "hunters." After another 20 minutes I turn the return pump back on.

I feed similarly to Bill - pumps off, target with a syringe, or place meatier chunks directly with a skewer. I do the same for my bubble and acan. The acan and the bubble are greedy little buggers and will eat anything any time, but I find it helps to prime the frogspawn by adding a little food juice (from thawing my frozen food) to the tank 10-15 minutes prior - tentacles extend, 'mouth' opens, and it holds onto more of the chunks. I learned this method the hard way by losing a hammer that was tough to feed; it looked great for six months or so, but ended up losing it.

Tim

To follow up on what Tim said, I add a couple of drops of Kent Garlic Extreme and tease with some juice as well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8158958#post8158958 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Stidd
Is this the case for Hammer Corals too?

Hey Guy, I treat my hammers just the same.

My frogspawn seems to love my Spectrum pellets...they stick in its tentacles and they work their way towards its mouth(s). It was one head when I put it in the tank about a year ago and was only about 1 1/2" when expanded and now has two heads and is a solid 4" diameter when fully expanded. I think maybe a third head is on the way...might have to start fragging this one...I think people have mentioned using a dremel.

Back