Fromia Starfish question

thompson2224

My Fromia starfish has mucus coming out of it. Is this starfish okay? Is it normal for this to happen?

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
Alkalinity is good. PH had a bad swing during a water change today which is Im sure what caused this but it has been taken care of now

Hard to tell for sure from the picture. Fromia stars don't have a good survival record in our tanks. Often they're goners before you even buy them, looking fine for a while then just disintegrating. Not much to be done, it will either survive or it won't.

I dont think you can save it but at least let it die in the aquarium.After she dies you can take it out so it wont cause you an ammonia spike.These stars have litle survability rate,they need long time aclimatisation .If she would have passed the aclimatisation shock then in a year or so it would have died by starvation because theyr diet is unknown.If you want to have a seastar ,then the serpent stars are the most resistant.Serpent stars arent as beautifull as fromia but they can live verry long time in aquarium.

Thats good news if she is still alive.Even if its just one leg left,if its moving then its alive.They can regenerate limbs thogh i doubt a fromia will regenerate in the aquarium.

Back