Frozen Foods if no space for fridge?

Zionas

First of all, I think I'm going to be getting a 90 gal tank instead of the smaller tank I had originally planned. It'll be a significantly tighter fit for the apartment I am renting but as a beginner I'd rather not go below 75 gallons. I am considering a number of carnivorous species including Gobies, Blennies, Wrasses, Hawks and the Royal Gramma. The problem I have with feeding carnivorous fishes is that while I can order live and frozen foods from Chinese retailers, I don't have the space in my apartment for a refrigerator. In that case, I am extremely concerned about making sure that whatever carnivorous dishes I keep are able to maintain a healthy diet, as I have absolutely no intention of sustaining them using only flakes and pellets. This is going to be a bummer for me so if anyone knows what to do, please let me know.

Furthermore, would a Coral Beauty be okay in a 90-gal tank? Is it Reef safe? Is it hardy? I have the same questions about another fish I want, the Yellow Coris Wrasse (my sand bed will probably be 3" thick so should be OK for it).

Even for the omnivorous species I plan to keep (Clownfish, maybe Coral Beauty), I will make sure to incorporate love and frozen foods into their diet along with pellets (most likely pellets > flakes). I’ve also changed my mind about having a FOWLR tank as I find corals to be beautiful. So it’ll be fish+corals+inverts.

You have room for a 90g tank, but no room for a refrigerator?
What about a small ‘dorm room’ refrig?

Damn, never thought of that. Even a tiny one will do, I guess. The 90-gallon tank’s dimensions are 90cm-60cm-60cm length width and height.

Apartment’s 23 square meters by the way. Would it be too small for a 90-gal and all the equipment (buckets etc.)

I’m a Chinese-Canadian who recently moved to China. I’m familiar with the names of US standards of measurement but for stuff like gallons and inches I had to look it up. Fahrenheit instead of Celsius was a change for me too as sites like LiveAquaria use the US system.

Oh, and I already got a dorm fridge / freezer for myself (for general use too), and I’ve scaled the tank down to 30”x22”x24”. It’s the best I can do and it’ll give me 65 gals.

Most of the fish you mentioned would do fine with a primary diet of pellets and flake. There exists a good variety of dry food for marine tanks now-a-days.

Kevin

Like Kevin said, most fish do fine on flakes, pellets---try soaking them 10 min before feeding to soften. Freeze dried foods are very good too.
In a small apt you may want to do a 55g.

First of all, I think I'm going to be getting a 90 gal tank instead of the smaller tank I had originally planned.

The problem I have with feeding carnivorous fishes is that while I can order live and frozen foods from Chinese retailers, I don't have the space in my apartment for a refrigerator.

This is a prank thread, right?

Back