Frustrated

You naysayers are all nuts.

Paul's store has been a godsend for me. I don't have to drive all the way across town to get what I'm looking for, his prices are, for the most part, awesome, and when my tank was in big danger of melting down a couple of months ago, Paul was able to calm me down and pretty much talked me through the whole thing.

I've never encountered these closure issues and have actually had times when I've gone there past their posted business hours and found either Paul or Jack willing to help.

If I can avoid it, I sure as hell won't be going to another store.

There is somthing the lot of you seem to be forgetting this man has done online ordering for folks for the longest time and when you do online ordering you have no hours you have no responsibilty you answer to no one and you don't have to have people skills as long as you have the ability to say hi ,here's your stuff, this is how much you owe me then you have it made as far as online ordering goes.
I to have encountered all three of the guys in one way or another Louie seems ok not to much interaction with him so I can't say. I beleave his name was Jeff my first time there and all be it I was the only one in the store at the time he followed me around answering everying I asked him and when others came in he greeted them and posted himself at the register I would assume to keep watch over the store. Now as far as Paul himself what I wrote in the upper half of this goes for him. I have encountered him twice the first time he was cocky and like others have said did not leave his perch at the register even when I was the only on in there asking him questions it was like a waste of time for him to be bothered. lol, I honestly wasn't surprise I didn't expect him to have a great attitude between having to build his stock ,hold his inventory, learn how to deal with people and customer service not to mention organizing that store. Somthing you guys need to understand he is building every day he is working out the kinks and made the store front in order to better serve everyone. Until he gets help it will be a hit or miss when those fish start coming in and they call from the airport for him to go pick them up he will go and lock his doors those fish come first. His prices WILL go up no way around that or he will fail at what he is trying to do and he WILL learn people skills ( i hope) as time progresses. That will be a dam fine little store in 4-6 more months right now it sucks but give it time I figure he'll need 8-12 months before he's up and rolling properly or he'll be closed and working out his garage agian. Just My opions as a person looking in and business owner looking out. Takes time and for people to understand is all. Just chill and let the man do what he do :bum:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11387538#post11387538 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by azmarine
Has anyone posted this over @ AZfrag? So Paul could respond?
:lol: Why don't you take care of that for us. ;)

I agree, and see the logic behind the theory of "growing pains" (also been there, done that), but, why should we have to make an appointment to stop in the retail store location. Isn't that the purpose of posting "business hours" in the first place? We don't have to call for an appointment before going to Aquarium Arts, or any other fish store or retail outlet in the valley. Like I've said many times before, there is a great potential for AzSeabottom to be successful, and I truly hope it is, but, without customers there's no business.

Well, gotta go call Chevron to make an appointment to get the truck filled up. :D

psimitry What is EULA?

Thanks. [/B]

EULA = End User License Agreement.

The term doesn't really apply to the Reef Central membership agreement (as EULA is usually applied to software), but EULA has kind of become a catch all for a list of rules that coincides with computer usage.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11391693#post11391693 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by woodwrangler
:lol: Why don't you take care of that for us. ;)

I agree, and see the logic behind the theory of "growing pains" (also been there, done that), but, why should we have to make an appointment to stop in the retail store location. Isn't that the purpose of posting "business hours" in the first place? We don't have to call for an appointment before going to Aquarium Arts, or any other fish store or retail outlet in the valley. Like I've said many times before, there is a great potential for AzSeabottom to be successful, and I truly hope it is, but, without customers there's no business.

Well, gotta go call Chevron to make an appointment to get the truck filled up. :D

I agree 100% just has to figure out what he's doing

Saw the two huge new show tanks and pix of the AGE tank coming tomorrow. I've never seen a AGE in person, only naka's and invincible's here on RC. I think Treg and Dudester may be AGE also. Store's coming along nicely - it did look messy but they just got 3 large tanks, and one coming soon - so I can understand. I dropped over five bills in there today on some new hardware and LR and a few fish.

Wanted to give a little mention for Luis' toy store - tons of cool, unique, non-mass-market toys. And no lead paint. :lol: I forgot what it was called.

Do you mean the toystore next to AZseabottom? It's BrilliantSky Toys and Books. They have everything!!

Do you remember those old "Safe" piggybanks you used to have as a kid? They still sell them, and BrilliantSky has them!!

I was so stoked. I bought one just for nostalgia's sake.

Never said you HAD to make an appoinment there..... just a suggestion, he does have regular hours.

However, if I'm going to drive a ways to goto a store, I'll usually make it a habit to call and make sure their open. :)

Store is looking better, tanks look great!!

BrilliantSky - thats the store. I jokingly said I hope my wife's bill there doesn't match my AZSB bill. :lol: Lots of really well selected toys - w/o all the crap at Toys R Us and no Wal-Mart lead paint. And not obnoxious like toy boutiques for rich kids. Some cool stuff like Discovery Store also. I loved those piggy banks, I didn't see them. I could blow a wad in there, I'm just a big kid. Happy to have two boys. :lol:

They had one side of the middle aisle full of fish - the other side was just put online. Had some beautiful anthias there - I had to hold back. I got a school of threadfin cards.

Re: The "Frustrating" thread over @ RC

Posted: Yesterday at 9:59 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted to take a minute and address a thread that's been ongoing over @ Reefcentral entitled (Frustrating)

In the past month or so, a couple of people have come to the store, during my posted business hours. Only to find the door locked, and the lights off.

To those folks, I want to apologize.

Truth be told, owning my own business is one thing, running a retail store is a completly different animal. And the time consumption it demands is just excessive. Some have mentioned that I need to learn some "people skills"

To those folks, I ask that you take whatever experience you had with a grain of salt. Understand I am just one man. And sometimes, I have to leave the store. A guy's gotta eat right? Louis works at the fish store when he can, however, he has his own small business to run as well. Add to this I'm still trying to retain my day jobs. And well, you begin to understand how @ 8:00pm at nite I might be a bit punchy. Or at 3:00pm I might close the store for 20mins to grab something to eat.

It's been suggested that I should hire someone, and while we continue to look for help, truth be told, I have to be really careful who hire, and when I do the actual hiring. The store has been growing every month by leaps and bounds. Last months Midnight madness sale was a huge success. And YES Vicoria, we will do it again! I just need some time to get everything "finished" in the store.

I can't explain it all away for you. Running a business is hard, and takes alot of time / dedication. What you all aren't seeing is that both myself, and Louis have spent the past 3 months working nitely till sometimes 2am to build out the plumbing for the fish display systems. Working with vendors to get stands / tanks built, and setting up other things in the store, just to have something to "sell"

I was faced with a choice back in September, open the store now, and sell what I could while I was building out. Or, pay rent on the space till everything was finshed, and then open. Well, you can figure what option I chose.

I realize right now the place is for lack of a better word "A PIT" so to speak. And trust me when I say, it's not the image I want to portray. However, I can't finish some of this stuff, until all my deliveries show up.

We are taking delivery this week of the final set of thanks. Our new 96x60x24 braceless Bullet shaped fragment tank from Aquarium Glass Exhibits in Dallas, TX. And our new Coral / Clam ZeroEdge Aquarium from Chicago, IL. It will be a 48" Hexagon placed right as you walk into the front of the store.

A big portion of the store was completed this week. The retail fish display tanks are all finally plumbed, and running, and more importantly (Cycled) We are still working on the back of the house filtration systems, etc, but that's almost complete as well.

What remains is to plumb the reef display systems, (work which couldn't be completed until the tanks were all here) And we take delivery of the final reef tank on this Monday.

Rest assured there was a plan to all this. Never was the thought that We would only sell corals out of the big tank up front. But as it was the only tank I had that was "up" it became the "sale tank" so to speak.

I guess what I was hoping to accomplish with this post was to give you a bit of insight. There was / IS a plan. It just takes time to do it right. And beleive, it takes ALOT Of time... Doing this all, and not raising my prices any more then they already are has been an incredible challenge. It would be so easy to complete this tomorrow if I were just up my prices. But I'm trying my best to keep things as reasonable as I can, and yet still pay the rent.

To those who came to the store, and found it locked, and for those who might come in the future and see a note on the door. Please understand.. Things do happen.

And until I can afford to hire 3 fulltime people, it will probably happen again. Fish deliveries come in, and I have to go the airport to get them. People's tanks spring leaks, and they need my help to keep their houses from flooding. Accidents / issues happen all the time. All I am asking is that everyone keep an open mind and help me by being understanding.

As this store grows, I hope it will become the best place in the valley to purchase tropical fish. However, to do that, I need your help too.

To those who have continued to come to the store, week by week, watching the changes, etc, I appreciate it. And I hope you've noticed the growth. It's not done yet, but I'm working on it..

--paul aljets

DgenR8 if I over stepped my bounds with the ^^^^post let me know he was banned from RC but his words were not so I assumed it was alright for this post. Since it is an answer the thread that was started. It also states no prices or sale of anything just general info of the up and coming pet store.
:thumbsup:

I didn't start this post as a rat on paul only to point out the frustration of going to a shop and finding the door closed. I do want to see him suceed. If he knows how his customers think he will hopefully better serv them. I understand the rush to open and working out the problems .Hopefully AZSB will become the first choice for all of our aquarium needs.

Back