FS Aquactinics 48" mh/T5 Classic (blk)

DLANDINO

D.L. Heritage Rings
Selling a 48", dual 175w MH, Dual T5 PAR monster fixture. Perfect working order! Includes, bulbs (9 months old), external ballast, wire harness, uv splash guard and dual embedded moon lights. Halides, t5's and moonlights are individually controllable with different timers (timers not included). I run this monster in the 36" variety and color and growth are phenomenal! Don't miss this opportunity. $350 pick up in Clinton 06413.

The only flaw is there is some minor pitting on the back side due to salt creep at one point. Has no impact on its functionality and is localized only in this area. Depicted below.

PITTING

Last edited:
Thanks all. The light and hammered reflectors are top notch. When I was growing sps I was able to do so in the sand bed in what should have been the darkest corners if the tank. It also doesn't bleach lps at the highest levels of the reef I think because the reflectors spread the light so efficiently.

One other thing to mention is that there is virtually no heat transferred to the tank because the dual fans at both ends are pretty large. It's quiet too!

This is a STEAL....... If I didnt just buy my 250's for my frag tank......I could have saved a bundle!

New Price

New Price

Bump - $320 OBO. If you have never seen an Aquactinics in action you can see the 36" version of this same light at my house if you like. Also, if you are looking to upgrade the lamps from the 175's to 250's or 400's you can now buy switchable ballasts for a decent price. But again, I have had this light grow the best SPS and clams in my previous tank. You would not be disappointed. The light retailed for $1250 three years ago.

I would love that light but I would have to sell my current light in order to get that one. I would love to try halides over t5s and see if there is a big difference

I would love that light but I would have to sell my current light in order to get that one. I would love to try halides over t5s and see if there is a big difference

From what I'm told, this light runs way cooler than T5. I have never had T5 for comparison but my 36" version of this same fixture only raises my temps 1.5 degrees when on. The fans on either end are big and silent too.

I have a TX5 fixture (also for sale lol) that is amazing and barely warm to the touch. That being said, the owner of Aquatinics was VERY proud of how cool his MH fixtures ran - and they really are comparable to the T5 only light I have. The exhaust fan setup they designed is ridiculously efficient. Great light and even better price. I sold one of these a few years ago for $400 in about ten minutes on here.

Skimmer is pending sale. Anyone for the light? I promise you this is a powerhouse that will grow SPS and clams like crazy

Back