FS - ETSS 1000XR Skimmer (300-600g)

staninct

Zoanthid/SPS Killer
Getting rid of this monster downdraft skimmer, it stands over 5 feet tall and sells for $1400 on Amazon, I'm only looking for $600. I think shipping might be impossible, so local pickup would be best. All you need is to add a big pump and you can skim an LFS with this thing. Its in great shape, I just broke it down and thoroughly cleaned it, there are no cracks or damage on it. There is a little clear silicone on one side of the base, so my guess is it may have had a small leak at some point. Please PM me with any reasonable offers, I really need this thing gone asap. Thanks for looking!
20120825_144432.jpg

20120825_144447.jpg

20120825_144502.jpg

staninct

Zoanthid/SPS Killer
Someone must have a big tank or high volume system. This skimmer is priced at less than half of retail, and I'm open to trades for 1 MP40Wes or two MP10wes in new or like new condition.

Marc11

I think you should convert the skimmer into a tank. That things a beast, you could keep a tang in there lol.

staninct

Zoanthid/SPS Killer
You know mike, I was considering making a lamp/cylindrical tank out of it. The thing is 5'2". Including the downdraft plumbing its actually taller than my wife. I just lost my job so a lot of my big plans are on hold now. :-(

Someone please buy this or think of anyone you know with a huge tank that might need it! I'll throw in a finders fee.

mtc1966

sorry to hear about work . hopefully some one buys this soon. you may want to check with Fintastics Todd just set up a new frag display plumbed to a basement sump. could be a long a shot but maybe he could use it.

Zalman

Really nice skimmer. I recently picked up a modified 1400XR myself. ETSS skimmers are a bit power hungry but easily make up for it with what they pull out.

staninct

Zoanthid/SPS Killer
Well I've tried most of our beloved LFS and still no home. I'm going to figure out how to ship this beast I guess and take a shot in the dry goods threads.

Rwinfrey

You might make a little more cash if you eBay it you can try local pick up we have done it before and it worked out well.

staninct

Zoanthid/SPS Killer
I might just do that. The skimmer can be taken apart but I'm still really nervous about shipping this thing. Thanks for the idea!

staninct

Zoanthid/SPS Killer
Last chance before this hits online auction! Anybody have some Vortechs or other interesting stuff to trade? I'd also take a nice LED fixture, exotic corals, rimless tank, frag tank setup, etc. Come on!!!!